Each day I walk up to Townshend’s tea and have a delicious Matcha bubble tea. Matcha is a natural energy drink, that is also good for you. You have heard about green tea and all the wonderful benefits of drinking this beverage, but have you heard about Matcha? It has 10 times the nutrients of regular green tea!! It also has 70 times the antioxidants of orange juice and 9 times the beta carotene of spinach.
What Can Matcha Do For You?
- Raise your Energy
- Boosts your metabolism, by 35 to 40% in regular drinkers
- Contains L-theanine, which improves mental alertness, increases calmness and reduces stress
- Powerful anti-aging activity due to the super-charged antioxidants
- Lowers blood pressure
- Decreases LDL or bad cholesterol
- Minimizes symptoms of PMS
- High levels of polyphenols and catechins which are cancer preventatives
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels
- Powerful antibiotic and antiviral activity
- Strong blood detoxifier and alkalizer, due to the high chlorophyll content
My Favorite Ways to Enjoy Matcha
There are so many ways you can use Matcha, I love mixing Matcha with some hot water, one of my favorite sweeteners (which can include: raw honey, coconut sugar, or stevia) and a little raw cream. If you are avoiding dairy another great option is coconut milk, very yummy!
All year round I enjoy Matcha bubble teas and Matcha smoothies. I mix in matcha with my favorite whey protein shake, making it an even more potent nutritionally rich energy drink. A great start to any day! In warmer weather, I love making Matcha Ice cream in my Vita Mix.
Matcha Is A Great Healthy Energy Drink
Matcha is a great alternative to coffee and energy drinks, it provides long lasting energy without the caffeine crash. It does contain caffeine but it is also loaded with many nutrients and amino acids. Please give it try and I will continue to add recipes made with my favorite pick me up, Matcha! This natural energy drink has been used for thousands of years, by Buddhist Monks, Samurai Warriors and Japanese Royalty, so you will be in great company – Enjoy!